Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Stevie Nicks "The legend"

Last Wednesday night June 13, in the cold rain and wet water, Nick and I went to “The crystal Visions” Stevie Nicks concert at Jones Beach. I have no words to describe how damn good it was. Nick and I had great seats, as you can see by the photos. What you can’t see is that we were standing in 3 inches of water. It was high tide. So worth it! Anyway, Stevie Nicks and her music made me very happy. She is true “velvet classic” and I bow down to her. Her lyrics are genius and soulful and I honestly can not think of current female rock artist (or any rock artist) that holds a candle to Stevie Nicks. Can you? As a side note: Sheryl Crow gets points.

I suggest that if anybody reading this does not own a Stevie Nick’s CD, they should get one right now! Start with Belladonna or actually, start with Crystal Visions and work your way forward.

***I want to thank Sean for sending me his photos. He was seated in front of me and watching him sing ALL the lyrics, including Zeppelin, made me smile. I did not have my camera with me so Nick asked him to send us some of his shots. He did and I am grateful.

Here is her play list:

-Stand Back
- Dreams
- If Anyone Falls
- Rhiannon
- Enchanted
- Gold Dust Woman
- I Need to Know
- Landslide
- Fall From Grace
- Sorcerer
- How Still My Love
- Edge of 17
- Rock and Roll
- Beauty and the Beast


-Faryl