Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Laura Goes to Paris, Part II









So here is the continuation of my travels around Paris. I think the most amazing place to visit is Versailles, outside of Paris. To see King Louie's palace is amazing. Do you know it started out as a royal hunting lodge? The weather was perfect for a fall day. The gardens are beautiful just before sunset. My advice is to take the tours around the palace, including the chateau with the famous "Hall of Mirrors," but save the gardens for last, just before the sun goes down. I have to thank my friend Emilie's mom, Dominique for being my tour guide. She is now my mom in paris!































































Here are some photos of two famous monuments. First the Arc de Triomphe at night. I love this picture. It gives you the idea of how fast those little cars and bikes speed around the Arc. You know in order to get your driver's license in Paris, you have to drive around the Arc de Triomphe. It is a requirement.

I must have taken a zillion photos of the Eiffel Tower. Here are a few of my faves. I saw a man repel down the inside of the tower. In the photo you can see how big the structure actually is compared to a human. It's insane. And yes, he did repel head first!

















































































Lastly, my friends in Paris who I adore---Thanks for showing me the City of Light! Victor, Antoine, Vahiana, Dominique, and Emilie:)

No comments: