Thursday, April 5, 2007

Skype Me Baby!

As my first official blog, I've chosen to write about this wonderful tool that has come to be my "bestfriend," SKYPE! With all the addictive things that have evolved from the internet: MySpace, Xanga, Live Journal, Friendster, Messenger, Gmail Chat...etc...etc, I have to say this is by far my favorite thing so far. I've always heard of Skype, especially since I have friends and collegues overseas that had been pressuring me to download it, but for some reason I never did. Call it laziness, or fear of becoming addicted to yet another "thing" on the internet, but I just never did it. Having started with Farylrobin 3 months ago, downloading Skype became a necessity. I needed it for conference calls with our factories and production manager based in other countries. In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, Skype is this tool that allows you to make phone calls with video or no video to other Skype members or regular phones at no cost or a small fee. I was a little fearful at first of the small camera resting above my computer screen, constantly directed at my face...and when I saw for the first time my coworkers' face and my own image on the screen, I got a little camera shy. But today, its a different story! What was once a necessary evil, has now become a huge part of my day. Farylrobin members in the office know, that even though they are sitting right next to me, if you want to get a hold of me...Skype me baby!

1 comment: